Sunday, October 6, 2013

Life is a rush that passes us by

I literally do not have enough time for all my homework and assignments to be posting on here. But I'm here anyway. Fuck logic.

Was browsing Reddit the other day reading a thread about what guys should and shouldn't do on a first date, and a comment about how all guys have a little bit of ADD so we should avoid facing distractions or activity when picking a seat really stuck with me. The more I thought about it, the more I found that I could apply it to a whole range of things. So bear with me while I ramble.

All guys are a little ADD. Our eyes, and attention, are drawn by movement. It's why we find it difficult to be passive in peaceful environments. It's why we, as a gender, tend to enjoy chaotic visual stimulation, like watching sports, or playing video games. It's why we can sit in a crowded area and feel like we're involved and taking part even if we're not doing anything. Motion satisfies us, and if there's no motion then we'll make our own.

An unfinished thought. But I should really start work on that essay...

No comments:

Followers