Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today

I was going to just write "Rien" and leave today's blog otherwise empty, but I realised that'd be unfair...so I'm going list out all the things I'm looking forward to this year.

October 1st - 60th anniversary of the declaration of the People's Republic of China. Should have a massive parade in Beijing - looking forward to it!
October 15th - Annual Ceremonial Parade
October 16th - Officers' Dinner
October 22nd - Muckup day. Time to start planning...
November 18th - VCE 3/4 exams finish (for me)
December 1st - Last speech night
December 3rd - Valedictory dinner
December 4th - 18th birthday

I'm pretty sure that covers everything. Can't wait for this year to be over...but I'm going to miss it. Well, actually, compared to last year, this year is easier schoolwise, but far worse socially. I'm going to miss being a kid.

Memory of the day: Personal news presentation for grade 3. I was so lacking in ideas that I wrote a story about playing cricket with my family in the front yard. It was absolutely shit. But, for my family, that was about as much together time as we got. And then in grade 5, Dad left and went to China with sister, and life's been pretty shit since then. Sure, I barely had a father figure before then, but having none at all is just crap.

1 comment:

maddiieexo said...

Yay. First comment :D
I'm happy to see that you still have your French-ness. I guess it's something that we won't be able to get rid of for a long time.
I can get free tickets back to Beijing between now and Oct 7 and I'd go, but stupid Year 12... I went back in 06, it was pretty daunting. Not sure that I appreciate they encased MZD in a glass case with orange lights that made him look zombie-like. My mum started crying when they were mentioning the anniversary :S
So MHS also has their valedictory after exams. Why does BHS choose to have them Oct 19th. I'm graduating before I even sit my exams. Hmm. Poses a loophole I guess :D
Please don't ever forget to update your blog by the way, that would be highly devastating since I put that into my daily list of things-to-do :D

Followers