Monday, June 13, 2011

My left eye

Alright, so as some of you might know, my left eye is pretty fucked up.

"How fucked up?", you ask?

Well today I went to the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital over on Victoria Street. After about an hours worth of having lights shone in my eye, UV lights shone in my eye, dye put into my eye, anaesthetic eye drops, more lights, it turns out I have a 2-3mm scratch on my left eyeball, with an unknown infection growing underneath.

Fuck.

So they decided to take samples of hte infection to see what it is, and hopefully get rid of it.

That involved scraping along my eye with a tiny thin needle. Do you realise how fucking hard it is not to blink when there's this glass thing touching your eyeball that, if one millimetre too far, could puncture it? Fucking. Nervous. Shit.

Anyway so they plated that onto blood agar, nutrient agar, I think a motility test plus a bunch of other shit. Hopefully get results soon.

Along with that, I have these ofloxacin antibiotic eye drops, just to start fucking up that infection. Problem is, I have to put them in every hour. Every fucking hour, day or night. For the next two days. Goodbye normal sleep patterns. They also cause blurriness, so I won't be able to read for shit.

Exam on Thursday. Applying for special consideration. Hope to fuck I get it, or I am so boned for this subject. Ironic thing is, the exam is Molecular Biology. In which we actually did a prac on bacteria, plating it and stuff. Oh karma, thou art a heartless bitch.

~~~

Quote of the week:

[11/06/2011 11:47:13 PM] Hungy: but need someone to express interest in my naked body first

Context is up to your imagination.

Quote of the day:

[7:58:22 PM] J.Z.: I ...... yes.
[7:58:52 PM] J.Z.: like when i'm lost in life
[7:59:28 PM] J.Z.: i look at pretty girls' partially naked bodies

5 comments:

rindtron said...

HOOOOOJAY. USE YOUR VACCUUM POWERS TO SUCK OUT THE BACTERIA. On a more series note, hopefully it is not bad, and GO GET THAT SPECIAL CONSIDERATION.

Unknown said...

HOLYCRAPPPPPP GOOD LUCK OHJAY!! OJAY!!

Anonymous said...

=OOOOO hope youre okay !!!!
<3 sis =)

xJuizyx said...

Never knew about that =O Hope your eye would get better!
That JZ thing scared me for a minute haha

SupNigga? said...

Reading this whilst an eyeing an OPSM ad below: "Book your eye test today".


Oh the "eye"rony.

Followers