Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Crossroads

Just a note, before I get into things; Peter Zhang notified me that non-members were denied access to post comments. That's now be recitified, so comment if you please :)

So here I am, on the eve of the sole English SAC for this term, and I find myself at a crossroads in life. A myriad of possibilities for the future stretch away from this one point in time...and, having paid the adequate fees, Life has kindly posted a couple of signposts. These signposts, my friends, my dear friends, have helped me rule out some paths already...others are still open. Where to go? The only thing I can do wrong...is to do nothing at all.

Been thinking of a couple of story ideas, since I like to write and it's fun to think.
First off, an alternate future set in America, in which Germany won World War I and went on to conquer the rest of the world. A group of isolated American rebels, led by the beautiful but enigmatic Emma Roosevelt, fight to throw off the yoke of the German world.
Second, well, kinda a sci-fi thriller. Theory states that telosomes, long repeat sections at the end of chromosomes, may be responsible for the ageing process; they get shorter with each reproduction, and reproduction happens with time. Thus, the length of a telosome is almost like a biological calendar. If it were possible to stop the shortening of telosomes...well, who knows.

Last senior sport session, this Thursday. It'll be a sad day...the finality of year 12 is really starting to hit home. I'm going to miss looking forward to the physical exertion that Thursday afternoons always promised. European handball...my new favourite sport. Not any good at it, but it's fun.

Heavy rain, today. Hail, in some parts. I hope all you guys out there in hail-affected regions are alright, staying safe. Just Nature letting us know she isn't especially pleased, right now. Spring's coming, so sunny days are just ahead :) Wish I could say the same for Year 12. Or my life in general, actually.

Memory of the day:
Day before Good Friday, 1995. Easter Egg hunt. Stepped on one of the eggs, broke it. One of the girls gave me a really wierd stare. Kindergarten...good times. Didn't even worry about school, or education, or life, or girls. Just nap time. *yawn*. Could use a good nap time.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Ok i've decided to procrastinate before english by taking advantage of the commenting access =p

I like your thinking with the life pathway thing, i should think like that more often =_=" Dw oj i'm sure everything will work out if you chase what you want ^^

Those stories are lolful. I've heard of the telosome idea somewhere before though? =p

Screw yoouuu!! Whilst you people go and get some hardcore ball to face action us physics kids will be at Soundhouse excursion +_+" We've already had our last sport session ;__; It's extremely tragic i must tell you. Look forward to the emotional distress oj >3

I wish i went outside today, would be funny to get blown around the park by galeforce winds hahah =] Who say's rainy days have to be bad oj? ^^ Rain is something our country desparately needs right now, and I still have happy memories of running around after/during hailstorms when i was a kid hahah..(closest i'd ever been to snow ok ==)

As Guy from Naruto would say : WTF ARE YOU DOING MOPING AROUND OJ XD THIS IS THE SPRING TIME OF LIFE!!! LET THE SPARKLIES OF YOUTH BURST FORTH IN AN EXPLOSION OF YOUTHFUL ENERGY XD

Ok i think i've sufficiently wasted time now ^___^

Take care oj XD

Spcogg said...

uh...steve your comment is too long. thought you might like to know :)

Ahh...last sport session...reminds me of my last primary school sport session. Doubt it'll amount to much in the end. Always hated exercise.

And FYI, its not hte only sac. We have one on sharknet too (if you count that as a sac)
And best of luck for new blogging. May your blog live long and propser.

Steve said...

Obviously it was long hungy =_= I was supposed to be wasting time =D

Followers