Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New blog

So, I've got a new blog. I'm going to do this one serious, too. Cause...well, I've grown up a bit, I think. A lot. Perception of my surroundings, of my life, has changed. I'm no longer the person I was a year ago.

Up until about a week ago, I had settled into a pretty good routine. Friends I could talk to, gossip with, trust. School was routine, life was pleasant. Even my relationship with my family had settled down to manageable levels (no more late-night arguments). Oh, how naive I was. Peace, so easily won, could not have lasted long.

I'm in some deep shit, now. Said some things I guess I shouldn't have, pursued a topic of discussion when it was clearly the wrong thing to do. Can't take back anything I've said, but hell, you've made me pay for it. I miss you. Can we please talk? Don't know if you'll even see this...don't know if you even care any more. I do. You're everything to me.

Seems like everyone's all grown up now. I mean, one moment we're playing four square in the schoolyard, getting to know each other after moving from different schools, and now we're preparing for the rest of our lives, about to seperate for the final time. Where'd all the time go? I miss being a kid. I'd give anything to go back to when nothing mattered. Carefree days of idyllic existance punctuated by brief but distant bursts of reality. Memory is Man's greatest gift, as well as his greatest curse.

A close friend said to me today, as she was leaving MSN for the night, that we had a good "D&M", Deep and Meaningful. Hadn't thought about it that way, to tell you the truth, but now that I look at it, that's what we had. But at the time, it just seemed like talking, no unusual emotional connections or anything. Does that mean everything I do is deep and meaningful, to someone? Maybe I need to start paying more attention to my actions (and inactions, as the case may be). Everything has an effect, even nothing.

To more physical, realistic, mundane things; Hungy gave me Firefly today! Thanks Vince, I'll get it back to you asap. Biology SAC tomorrow, I'm about a third of the way done now...and it's 12:35am. Joy oh joy. Another late night for me. Apparently I'm unblocked from Stooph/Hungy/Wong's blog, so it'll be good to catch up on the comings and goings there. It's been about 10 days since the Formal, and everyone's already moved on...biggest news of note recently is that Charles was called up to dance at Assembly (out of the 600 guys present) along with the Principal and Mr Wood, amongst others. Oh, and according to Francis, there's a hot Asian student teacher in the music department. MHS guys, I swear =="

Memory of the day: September 11, 2001.
Lucy Feng's family arrives at Melbourne International Airport from China.
Garrett's 11th birthday.
Normal Grade 4 school day.
3,017 people of various nationalities are killed in the 9/11 attacks in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Footage of the two jumbo jets slamming into the North and South Towers are embedded in my memory. The Falling Man becomes my desktop wallpaper.

8 comments:

Steve said...

Oj, our whose reality context has obviously had an effect on the way you think o.<

"one moment we're playing four square in the schoolyard"...and four years later we are still playing four square IN EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE !! XD WOOOT

Study hard for english tomorrow oj ^___^

s2scm said...

Oj,
People without blogger can also comment. They can be placed as Anonymous.
and. WOOT. you managed to link my blog! :) nice job mate. and just letting you know, mine aint allow comment since my layout doesnt allow that performance, so i have a tagboard.
:D
talk soon
xox
whit

annie said...

HEHEHE :D IM SO INSPIRING

Spcogg said...

Sweet: new emo (though not quite on the order of pug's thing) blog and i have a mention+link to blog....and oj fix the bloody font colour for the comments. Black on grey does not work for short sighted people.

Spcogg said...

Wait is it just me or does the bloody colour change everytime i refresh this.

Medkid said...

ohio!

what do you mean everything's changed! we can still play 4 square together can't we...?

oh and hungy, emo is the new black ok? embrace that inner emo-ness!

Best Bio Partner in the World said...

Chicks are nothing but tricks and hoes Ollie. They'll break your heart if you let them.

I remember being annoyed that my normal cartoons were cancelled and news reels kept playing the day of 9/11.

Anonymous said...

lovely, i just made even more new emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Followers